Newsletter – May 1st, 2023
Be diligent whenever you see or hear any of the following. Beside each, may be the true subliminal message.
- “Unity” (concept always talked about, but very seldom realized).
- “Team spirit” (this is many people doing what the team leader says.)
- Those who assert they are transparent often have their words and actions playing “catch-up.”
- Coming from a sales person: “I (or one close to me) bought this same model. An “old” selling line to win you over.
- “That’s a great question.” (question expected and answer pre-rehearsed)
- “I am not saying that.”(person not being truthful. They want to go outside their comfort zone, but in a measured way. If the discussion goes further they usually have ready answers to back-up what they are “not actually saying”)
- Sellers who say, “we are a family business.” (Before you complete your purchase, you are definitely treated like family, but soon after the sale, the reception you may receive feels like you are a very distant family member.)
- If a person begins by telling you, ‘Do not be offended at what I am going to say,’ prepare yourself for something that she knows will certainly offend you. (Eliza Leslie)